Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2 0
What’s the Texas Success Initiative?
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is the statute that requires all Texas public institutions of higher education to determine the readiness of all non-exempt, entering undergraduate students to enroll in freshman-level academic courses (see TEC, 51.336). Students are able to qualify for exemption by subject area in a number of ways, including meeting college readiness benchmarks on the SAT® or ACT®, or successfully completing a high school College Preparatory Course. (For a complete list of exemptions, see below under “TSIA2 Exemptions”). Undergraduate students who enter without an exemption are required to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2).
What’s the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0?
The Texas Assessment Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) is the assessment instrument used to determine college readiness for non-exempt students, as required by the Texas Success Initiative. TSIA2 helps determine whether you’re ready for college-level coursework in English language arts and reading (ELAR) and mathematics. These are foundational subjects for your other college coursework. The results of TSIA2, in conjunction with your academic background, goals, and interests, are used by academic advisers and counselors to place you in the appropriate courses that match your achievement level.
Learn more about what the TSIA2 is and how it works.
Learn more about what your TSIA2 score means
The TSIA2 Student Portal gives you access to the following:
- TSIA2 Study App and printable sample questions
- Tutorials showing you how to use the calculator and highlighter tools
- Your test results and how to send test results to Texas public institutions of higher education
TSIA2 Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) online through the College Board.
- Log in or create and account with the ACCUPLACER Practice App
- Choose Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity (TSIA2 - PAA)
- Begin the assessment
- Choose Godley ISD as the institution
- Complete the rest of the PAA
- Email your counselor a copy of your Certificate of Completion